Words to live by
WonderNetwork is more than a company, it represents hundreds of hours of effort on the part of its founders, a solution to problems for its customers, a place of employment for its staff and contractors, and — while lacking a corporeal form — it’s a citizen of the Internet. For all these reasons and more it’s important that it behave well in all company. Most things are worth more than making another dollar; let’s not lose sight of that.
- Don’t use noreply@: Customers deserve an easy way to contact us.
- Give Refunds: Customers deserve a working product, or their money back. The time and emotional energy spent arguing with a dissatisfied customer would be better spent improving the product.
- Make the Internet Better: The world deserves a fantastic information sharing network: strive to make it better, not worse. Don’t spam, astro-turf, black or grey hat SEO, etc..
- Transparency: Once sold, services belong to the customer: they have the right to be in the loop when things are happening.
- Give answers, not Questions: When systems contact customers they have all the information. Share that with the customer, rather than forcing them to try and decipher what’s happening.